Friday, October 14, 2011
DID you take our quiz about Samuel L. Jackson, starring on Broadway in "The Mountaintop," which opened just hours ago? Here are the answers.
1. (D) "The Piano Lesson." Charles S. Dutton wasn't available for the Yale Rep run, because he was doing a movie. But when Jackson was cast, it was understood from the beginning that Dutton would come back when the play went to Broadway.
2. (D) A doorman. Jackson worked at the Manhattan Plaza apartment building in the West 40s.
3. (B) and (C). Believe it or not. Jackson, who was in college in the '60s, was quite the activist. But then weren't we all?
4. (D) He had just gotten out of rehab.
5. (C) Leroy is his middle name.
WANT MORE THEATERGOSSIP? Scroll on to read more about Jackson, who is playing Martin Luther King in a play set the night before his death. Then search to read about stage people (from Carey Mulligan to Brian Stokes Mitchell) and great shows (from "Anything Goes" to "War Horse").